- The CCFP Education Committee will be mandated to prepare a three-(3) year curriculum that will be acceptable to each Territory within the College and which will address the educational needs of the family physician practising in the Caribbean.
- This curriculum will be adopted by each Chapter/Territory of the College for use in their respective territories
- Each territory will be invited to meet the CME requirements by
- hosting monthly workshops/seminars and/or
- an annual family medicine conference.
The CCFP proposes to pursue the following CME activities:
- Monthly UWIDEC CME meetings; each territory will be invited to present a topic as per curriculum and a CME certificate will be issued as necessary.
- MSC in Family Medicine programme UWI Mona
- Family Physicians Training Modules UWI Mona
- Tri-annual Pan-Caribbean Conference rotated through the Caribbean.
Online CME Courses
- Caribbean Family Physicians Knowlege Network (CFPKN)
- Training Modules for the nutritional management of hypertension, diabetes, obesity and HIV/AIDS in collaboration with CFNI
- Disease management guidelines for HIV/AIDS (WHO, PAHO, CAREC, CDC, PANCAP, HARP)
- Core curriculum in occupational health and safety (ACOEM, ICOH, ILO)
- Disability management guidelines (ACOEM, ICOH, ILO)
- Disease management guidelines for diabetes and hypertension in collaboration with PAHO and CHRC
- Triennial WONCA Conference
- Annual WONCA Regional Conferences
- Each territory will be invited to submit appropriate peer-review articles at the above conferences